You Just Have To Get To Know Me

So, since I get bored, like any normal human being, I got on facebook and pretty much just looked at people's profiles. Most looking at their "swag" section, which is what movies they watch, what music they listen to, who shows they like, etc. And I've always found a person's "About Me" section to the most interesting. My own says, "I'm Stan," as I am a man of impeccable wit (and self-deprecating sarcasm). But it's interesting that a good number of people say something along the lines of, "I'm blahblah but if you get to know me I'm really fun (or outgoing, or anything else positive)." Now, I wonder if this is true. Or I wonder if people tell them all the time how stuck up and elitist they are, and to counter that idea, they tell strangers they're this way, but you "just have to get to know me."

I doubt that it's the case as stated above, but I do really wonder why people put that on their profiles. Do we fool ourselves into thinking we're a certain way, and then actually put it out to the world for all of man to know? In this age of internet socail netowrks, I believe the idea of putting your best foot forward has taken itself to the extreme. But who knows, maybe I'm looking into this too much. Maybe I'm actually the weird one for finding it amusing to look at people's facebook profiles (I am). Maybe I should get a better hobby (I should).

0 Responses to "You Just Have To Get To Know Me"